You've heard it all, everything from drinking plenty of fluids, eating healthy, well-balanced meals, applying sunscreen and using alcohol and tobacco in moderation, yet, you still have dry, dull, flaky, oily or even acne-prone skin.
If you really want to get that naturally gorgeous, beautiful glowing skin you must learn how to care for it and protect it, there's just no way around it.
To get that healthy look all year, you have to really work at it...from the inside out. Follow these simple tips to get that elusive healthy skin and you'll be glowing in no-time.
- For the trillionth time, wear sunscreen. This has got to be the single most repeated tip we know of but there's a reason for it...it works! Most of the wrinkles that occur later on in your life come from the sun exposure you've got going on right now.
- Hyperpigmentation and sun damage are the consequences of failing to follow guidelines for protecting your skin from the damaging rays of the sun. Of course, you could use our skin lightening treatment to remove sun damage, but preventative measures are always the better and easier option...and cheaper!
- Water helps the skin to retain moisture by preventing dehydration. Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day seems like a lot for most of us, but it is the recommended norm. Remember that you get water from the foods you eat too. A cup of watermelon tossed in your salad or breakfast smoothie can add extra water to your diet without even thinking about it. Watermelon not only helps to reduce sun damage and redness, it prevents wrinkles from even occurring and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- Do you sleep with your make-up on? If you do, you need to know that leaving old make-up and dirt on your skin overnight not only clogs your pores, it can even encourage yeast to grow on your skin while you sleep overnight. So, use a good make-up remover for around the eyes and a good cleanser for clean, healthy skin before going to bed.
Getting enough sleep is an important factor in skin health also. Lack of sleep reduces circulation and blood flow and hampers your skins ability to rejuvenate overnight.
- You've heard about the omega-3 benefits from eating walnuts, but did you know that a handful of brazil nuts can help to increase skin elasticity and decrease the risk of skin cancer? It's also true that macadamias can aid in skin rejuvenation and damage repair too, so toss a helping of each in your salads, smoothies or take along snack each day for long-term skin health benefits.
Of course, these are just some of the tips you can use to get that healthy glow you're after but remember that no one method is a cure-all by itself, it takes dedication, discipline and time to accomplish anything worthwhile and a healthy glow from the inside-out is definitely worthwhile!