Kojic acid has been used for quite some time to help stop the overproduction of melanin in the skin that can result in unsightly hyperpigmentation. While kojic acid is great for this purpose it cannot stop and remove hyperpigmentation alone. Using it in conjunction with a skin lightening cream is your best bet to even tone and lighten areas of dark blotchy skin.
Kojic Acid Soap
What is kojic acid? It is made from several types of fung and is also a byproduct when some types of foods ferment. These foods include Japanese sake, soy sauce, and/or rice wine.
One of the most common ways to use kojic acid to lighten and even tone the skin is to use a kojic acid soap. This bar helps to exfoliate, lighten, and even tone any areas of hyperpigmentation when it is used in consistently. It is important to remember that the effect of kojic acid is gradual and it will take time to see results if it is being used alone however, if used with a more concentrated skin lightening cream, you will see lightening much faster and you will also have much better results.
Skin Lightening Regimen Using Kojic Acid
Here are some examples of effective skin lightening routines for the face and body using a kojic acid bar.
2. Apply a dime sized amount of skin lightening cream.
3. Apply sunscreen and wait at least 15 minutes before going outside.
1. Wet the kojic acid bar, work it into a lather in your hands, and use it to wash the face.
2. Apply skin lightening cream.
1. Cleanse the body (from the neck down) by applying the wet kojic acid bar to an exfoliating cloth and using it to gently scrub and cleanse the skin.
3. Wait 5-10 minutes and cover the areas with clothing or apply sunscreen to any exposed areas.
1. Wet a washcloth and apply the kojic acid bar to it, and use it to cleanse the skin.
2. Apply moisturizing and lightening lotion to the body or super concentrated lightening cream to the body.
Questions about how to lighten the skin and remove hyperpigmentation? Contact us via live chat 24/7 to speak with a knowledgeable skin care expert.