Acne scars aka hyperpigmentation can be difficult to lighten and can make the complexion uneven and affect the self esteem. Sometimes not even concealer can cover these marks once the breakouts have stopped. Getting rid of them completely and having a smooth, even tone complexion that looks great with or without makeup is best.
How to Lighten Acne Scars and Dark Spots
First, make sure that the breakouts or condition that caused hyperpigmentation has stopped. Once it has stopped completely and there are only dark spots left, it is the best time to lighten them. One of the most important parts of lightening acne scars is going to be to keep the area clean (by washing and exfoliating) and avoid buildup in the area, once that is done you can then begin to apply a good skin bleaching cream to the dark spots to lighten them and even tone the skin. Another thing to consider is how severe your acne is. If it is not that severe and it is just a couple of spots you may want to use a milder formula, but if your acne scars are very severe, a stronger formula with more lightening power may be what you need.
Here is a regimen for lightening your acne scars and one of the most important is remembering to protect the skin from the sun's rays which can cause all the hard work of being consistent with your regimen and applying products regularly to go down the drain in just 20-30 minutes of direct exposure to sunlight (even with sunblock on). Please make sure to apply sunblock of spf 15 or above at least 5-10 minutes after applying your skin whitening products and 10-15 minutes before going outside in the daytime.
Acne Scar and Dark Spot Skin Whitening Routine
1. Cleanse with a gentle cleanser.
2. Apply a brightening toner using upward strokes.
3. Apply your skin whitening strong bleaching treatment just on the dark spots and leave it to absorb for 5-10 minutes before applying sunblock or in the day you can use just sunblock (and strong bleaching treatment at night only).
4. Apply sunblock (spf15) or above and wait for at least 15 minutes before going out.
6. Avoid direct sunlight for long periods of time (15 minutes or more).
1. Cleanse using gentle cleanser again.
2. Apply brightening toner again.
3. Apply skin whitening gel creme to only the dark spots again and allow it to absorb before going to bed.
**To speed up results, if you do not have sensitive skin once every other day use an exfoliating glove and the kojic acid bar to wash and exfoliate the face instead of using the gentle cleanser and wash using just the gentle cleanser just once daily.
***For sensitive skin use the gentle cleanser daily and once a week use a skin brightening exfoliating scrub to make sure that dead skin cells are removed from the surface of the skin and to ensure that your skin whitening creams works the best that it can.***
For more information on skin care routines and how to lighten dark spots and other forms of hyperpigmentation please live chat with us on this website 24/7 and a knowledgeable skin care representative will be glad to assist you.